Monday, December 23, 2013

Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

About a week ago, I and some friends went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. We all met at a friends house, dressed up as our favorite characters in LotR/The Hobbit, ate, drank, and talked about how exited we were. The special effects were great, but in my opinion they went too far off the book. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but the dragon chasing everyone around was a bit too dramatic. Here's some pictures from our party:
Me and my friends.


Me and my comrades.
My sister and her comrades.
 
Special thanks to A.J. for Marvelous pictures!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, for a screenwriting team that based their trailer and theme songs around the concept of fire, they didn't seem to understand the physics of that substance very well, did they? I mean, the remarkable quality of fire is that is BURNS things up, right? But they seemed to be using it just for looks, since no one really got hurt. :)

    I don't think the Hobbit movies really hold a candle to the Lord of the Rings movies, but I did like a lot of their ideas. I thought Laketown was perfectly dreary and three-dimensional. And who could NOT like Legolas leaping across the dwarves' heads on the river? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lack of posts is inexcusable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean 'really?' Surely blog posts don't take five months to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right it dose not take five months to make a blog post.:( And I was being sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you were, I was just replying anyway. :) Do make a post though!

      Delete